Monday, May 19, 2008

Catching up

I have'nt posted in a while so today is catch up day. April has been home from school for the last 3 weeks do to a pinchced nerve in her neck. So we have been in and out of doctors offices and helping her feel better. Casey also came home from Florida during that time, so no blogging for me.





I picked up some new yarn called Happy Feet and I am learning how to make socks. I have always wanted to so this should be fun. I am using a technique called Magic Loop Technique it is knitting 2 socks at a time using 1 long needle. It is kind of hard to get used to but I think I would be one of those who have "2nd sock syndrome" when you finish the first sock and then can't seem to knit the 2nd one. So this way they will be done at the same time.





Pat took a day off last week and we drove to Cannon Beach to spend the day. It was going to be in the 90's here in Vancouver, so we thought the beach would be perfect. Yea, good idea, it was 98 in Cannon Beach, Or. Has that ever happened? We still had a great time. Annie loved to play in the water, and I like the cute little shops they have in town. It was great to spend the day together, before Casey heads to Alaska.



We had the family over for late Mothers Day, Grandma's Birthday and Martin's too.



Cousins, Zack, Josh, Molly, Casey & April.

We were missing Kate and Molly's husband Rob and the kids were home sick



We got to meet Zack's Fiance Collen. We will all be going down for their wedding in July.

It was great geeting together with everyone. I look forward to more family things this summer.

No comments: