Friday, February 29, 2008

Do you remember when...



Yesterday I drove down to Salem and spent the day with my cousin Jackie. I enjoy spending time with her, we have so many memories of times long ago, and I can learn alot about my heritage from her, I have 2 large boxes of pictures from the early 1900s and she enjoys trying to figure out where it was taken and what relative it might be, she usualy knows fairly quickly. She took me to Mcleay Or. for lunch a few miles east of town, it looked like something out of the old west, very quaint and the restaurant was full of old beams and antiques. We had a great time and when we got back to her house she gave me a jar her grandfather (my great grandfather) had brought over from Scotland in the late 1800s that he kept his pipes in. I was speechless. It was very special that she wanted me to have it. It now has a home on my piano next to his journal from 1883, and his ledger from 1903. I was a beautiful day clear blue skys and I think it got up to 60!

1 comment:

Whirling Dervish said...

Hi Sally

Thanks for visiting the blog! :) Unfortunately, I have taken down the picture of Harriet because I have been forced by my living circumstance to send her back to Oregon. I am heartbroken, and couldn't stand to see her picture everyday. Maybe later. I am not sure if I'll ever be able to get her back, but I'll try. She is happy, though, and living with my friend Karin on her farm in Scappoose- so it's a better situation for Harriet, too.

A CV is just an academic version of a resume. Instead of listing all your jobs (which it does, also), it lists all the papers you've written, the types of research you do, etc. It also lists the classes you've taught, etc..

Love Kate