Monday, September 8, 2008

August Happenings

August was a very hectic month. Sorry I haven't post for quite a while. Pat and April came home from China on the 13th. As I said before April had been sick and we thought it probably was the heat. However when she came home, it just didn't get better, hard to breath, pain, dizziness, nausea, exhaustion, yea, she was fun. On August 20th she called from school and it was obvious I had to take her to the Asthma Doc. She examined her and said the pollution in Beijing had damaged her lungs, the lining was inflamed and irritated so were her tubes. So she was put on a heavy duty medicine. As we were leaving the doctors office, Pat called, his Step-Father had just passed away suddenly. He and Pats mom have been together for 17 years, so he was Grandpa Knute. Good Day, Oh lets not forget that August 20th is Pats Birthday. Yea... Pat, April, and I went to Roseburg for the funeral the next week, unfortunately Casey could not leave, since he had just been home for Zacks wedding. He will be home in a couple of weeks and we will take another trip south.
For the last year and a half I have been the chairman of our churches Call Committee, to find a new pastor. It has been a very stress full and busy time. Yesterday we had a vote and issued a Call to a Pastor in Washington. So until he makes his decision my job is done.
I haven't had a chance to knit since they got home so I am hopping that now I can relax and get back to my regular routine.
Lets hope September is a little calmer.

1 comment:

Whirling Dervish said...

I'm so sorry to hear about everything that's been going on. I'll try to call you this week. How is April feeling now? Is she off the steroids yet?