Monday, September 15, 2008

Knitting Convention

This weekend, The Knitting Guild Association held it's West Coast Convention in Portland. I have never been to a knitting convention so I decided to attend and take a couple of classes that they offered. They also have a market and that was fun to walk around and see all the new and differant yarns they had. On Saturday I took a class about adjusting a written pattern to the size you need. I was looking forward to that one because I do that poorly. However I was dissapointed, it just didn't give me the information I was hoping for. On Sunday I took a class on Fair Isle Knitting. That is color work done in patterns, it looks hard but you only have 2 colors per row, it is mostly reading a chart and holding 2 yarns at a time. I really enjoyed that one and am looking forward to trying it on some projects.
Fair Isle Sample

No comments: